Re: [TenTec] OT

To: John Molenda <cdistflatfoot@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:11:21 -0600
On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 04:48 -0400, John Molenda wrote:
> I have not opened the cabinet up yet .  It is a Nye Viking mbv VA tuner one
> of the meter lights is out .  thanks  John Molenda kb2huk

Its rather critical to know what lamp is needed. There are at least a
thousand possibilities in miniature lamps. The Nye Viking MV VA manual
on BAMA doesn't admit there even IS a meter lamp. That tuner runs the
electronics on a 9 volt battery, only when there is enough RF to make it
work good. What does yours use to power the meter lights? 12 volt
station supply? Wall wart?

Probably if the lamp is in a socket, it will have a number on the metal
base for identification. Then you shop the sources I mentioned before.

73, Jerry, K0CQ