Re: [TenTec] 610 Has started shipping today

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 610 Has started shipping today
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:46:45 -1000
Some BC-610s were made by Hallicrafters. There was at least one other
manufacturer, I think it was Barker and Williamson. There may have been
others too. One version had round corners and the other had square
corners. One version the power supply had potted transformers in square
cornered black cans, including the plate (anode) supply transformer.
Another version had more like an open frame type plate transformer, yet
the end casings were cast iron, sort of like bell housings, and there
was potting material in there. The other smaller potted transformers
were cylindrical cans instead of rectangular with square corners.

They had plug-in tank coils and plug-in oscillators. Space for three
plug-in oscillators, which could be selected by a switch. Only one tank
coil could be installed at a time.

DE N6KB