Re: [TenTec] Hallicrafters BC610 Movice

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hallicrafters BC610 Movice
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:44:06 +0300
On Aug 30, 2009, at 7:35 PM, W6SX Hank Garretson wrote:

> I suspect what we hear was a reconstruction.  The movie was made in
> 1944 when hams were off the air.

It's been a while since I watched it, but from what I remember the ham
in the picture (who was not Bill Halligan) used his call, and the
person he was speaking to called him Bill. It very well may have been
a re-enactment using a wire or disk recording.

I don't remember his name, he is introduced earlier in the film in a
scene with Halligan as their head of engineering. I believe he was
licensed and if it had been a real conversation, or a re-enactment
from scratch, he would of used his own call.

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson@gmail.com