Re: [TenTec] Orion II For Sale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, w4dd@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II For Sale
From: Jeff Walker <k4bp@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:51:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Jeff! I really haven't found anything I dislike on the Orion II. I have 2
of them along with an Omni 6+. I operate contest here both single and multi op
and having 2 Orion 2's on the desks is a lot of expense, thus I sold one. The
Omni 6 is fine for the second rig and any of the gang who op here can bring
their own rig if they want (no one has). I've lately had the Yaesu FT-2000pep
and Icom 756 Pro 2 along with the Orion 1 & 2's. I've seen no magical
difference between the 3 of them and 99% of the time I could adjust all 3 to
sound alike on receive. I don't use expensive test equipment to see what I
can't hear. My big + for Ten-Tec is they're 1hr away. Scott, Stan and any of
the service crew will help you over the phone, return your e-mails and actually
call you back. TT is made in the U.S. and supports our local economy. I also
use Ten-Tec amps now instead of Alpha (price crating, pallating and shipping to
and from Colorado). These are just my
 opinions and you know what they say about opinions. I'm very happy with the
performance of my stuff from the hills of Tennessee and look forward to
attending the Ten Tec Fest next weekend.

Jeff
K4BP

SEDCO DX Convention / Ten Tec Hamfest
            September 25, 26 2009