[TenTec] Titan 425 Soft Start and Grid Protection

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan 425 Soft Start and Grid Protection
From: "Art Trampler" <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:47:51 -0500
I have one of the newer version Titans.

Did Ten Tec incorporate a soft-start mechanism, and simply not brag about

If not, are other Titan owners using an external one?

On grid protection?

I see Ameritron now makes a Grid Overload Protection Module, which I expect
is most geared toward their 8877 and 3CX800A7 based amps.  I?ve had a couple
incidents of a sudden SWR change that pushed my grid current way up.

Have any of you added either this board or something else to provide grid
current protection to a Titan?

Art Trampler, KØRO

TenTec mailing list