Re: [TenTec] WTB: 302R Remote Tuning Pod for Omni VII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB: 302R Remote Tuning Pod for Omni VII
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 17:53:50 -0600
On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 18:25 -0400, E VICKNER wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> There is absolutely no drag adjustment on the knob on my 302 remote encoder.
>
> I took your advice and double checked by removing the knob. I looked at the
> back of the knob, nothing but plastic!
>
> Does the knob on your 302 have a silver colored metal skirt?
>
> 73     Ed     K2ZE

There is a simple fix. If there is any surface to the back of the knob,
insert a disk of felt and gently squeeze that between the knob and the
panel. If one layer of felt won't fill the gap, use more. You can get
the felt at a hobby/craft shop or maybe your lady's sewing materials.
You adjust the drag with the knob's setscrew loose then holding the knob
you tighten the set screw. It will wear, but not very fast.

73, Jerry, K0CQ