[TenTec] Omni VII Query

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII Query
From: Val Erwin <valerwin@att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 21:53:16 -0800 (PST)
Omni VII-ites'

I have an Omni VII that is appx. 2 years old. Over time, I have noticed a
gradual decrease in RF output power.

With 13.8 VDC measured at the radio power connector, the Omni VII digi-panel
states: "Power 100W".  Yet, when the RF output power is measured with a
lab-grade 50-ohm load and either a Bird 43 or a calibrated oscilloscope, the
measured RF power is actually on the order of 85 watts output, regardless of
band.

I suspect I have an aging component sitcheeashun'..........Is there an internal
control to crank the RF back up to spec??

TNX in advance for any feedback.........

Val / W5PUT