Re: [TenTec] tentec orion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] tentec orion
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:56:12 -0800
I have seen this problem come up quite often, not only with TT equipment,
but with a variety of things.  The one USB to serial converter that has
worked every time for me, including with my Orion II, a friend's "original"
Orion, my old TS-870, GPS units and more is the Cables To Go unit:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=1529&sku=26886

But you can buy it on Amazon for about half the price:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-26886-Serial-Adapter/dp/B000067RVJ/ref=pd_cp_e_2

            Ron  N6IE
       www.N6IE.com