Re: [TenTec] High stability frequency reference oscillator for theOrion

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] High stability frequency reference oscillator for theOrion II
From: Linwood Davis <linbdavis@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:05:44 -0500
Hi Ron,

I did get a firm quote of $135 each for 10 pieces, with a 12 week lead time!

You had a concern about the output. I asked for the LVCMOS output option
to make it a little simpler, however some care is still needed.

I checked the markings on the oscillator in my O II and found DFA18 HA,
not the Siward part! And I can't find a data sheet for it but I am
fairly certain that it was made by Fordahl.

Yeah, power may have to be provided externally. I wasn't considering
this at first, but keeping it warm all the time would be good. Let's
see... the warm-up drift is 0.1ppm, or 1.4 hz on 20 meters. And the max.
draw during warm-up is 3.6 W, roughly 3/4 amps at 5V. Not sure if we can
pull this from the O II somewhere...

Anyway, this may all be for naught, since there are still too few who
are interested. Don't really want to shell out $1350 + shipping to make
it happen.

Lin,
WB1AIW