[TenTec] OMNI VI - Low Power output - Update

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI - Low Power output - Update
From: Dennis Ashworth <dennis@ashworth.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:54:57 -0800
More information on the low power condition discussed below:

I suspect the inaccurate SWR reading on the internal meter is causing
the drive to be reduced to the driver/finals. The drive reduction
feedback loop is a protective circuit to keep from damaging the finals
when improper loads are encountered. I'll bet the inaccurate SWR
readings (3.:1 into a dummy load) are caused by one or both defective
Schottky diodes in the SWR directional coupler circuit. Does this sound
reasonable? Has anyone seen this before? Other things to check?

Dennis, K7FL

===