[TenTec] O II development

To: <tlp1@vzavenue.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] O II development
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 20:44:19 -0000
T Perry and Co.

     I must say this is not a very inconsiderate term to use for fellow
amateurs who make a legitimate complaint about the lack of OII development.
This is a far cry from the treatment you get from Elecraft and your K3.   So
to complain about lack of development is now an act of shame this is
interesting.

    I am still using my O II but this is only because I am about to make
further improvements in the K3 which is a developing product not a dormant
one.   There are differences in radios and companies and I believe that to
discuss them is not bad thing.   Bringing up comparisons with other radios
and companies is appropriate.   Complaints are reasonable and should be
made.   Developments are helped by comparisons and complaints.

    The Orion II is like most commercial radios and it seems that there will
be no improvement till the next model comes out.   The ability to upgrade
the radio via software was a selling feature and it has been funked by the
company.   Let me tell you others definitely do it better.  Now you tell me
your Ford is better than the Chevy - yes of course you are right.   You have
all the radios and they are all the best with no reason to suggest further
development.   People have the right and even duty to complain - this is not
being a cry baby as you term it.   It is a very competitive world and just
now the O II is slipping fast.   I hope TT comes back stronger than ever.
I disagree about the inappropriateness of comparing other products to our O
II.

                                              73 Doug EI2CN