Re: [TenTec] Scout 555

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout 555
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:47:37 -0500
john...

I have one that does the same thing. It's not the radio, it's the 40
meter module

I found out by subbing in a different module 40 meter module and lo
and behold, the problem went away.

I popped the module open and did a quick look, looking for a loose
ground or other problem. never did find one, so when that module is
used and during tx, the display rolls...

doesn't seem to effect the quality of the signal, just makes the
display wobble

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced