[TenTec] Model 540 ALC LED (and also Thanks)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Model 540 ALC LED (and also Thanks)
From: Louis Ciotti <lciotti1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:32:55 -0500
Well I finally tracked down the intermittnat 80M operation.  Turned ou
to be a bad solder joint on a variable cap in the PTO box.  So as it
turn out I did not end up needing any parts after all.

Now onto a new problem.  I got the radio back together, and now the
ALC led does not work.  The ALC control seems to be working since when
I turn it counter clockwise I get a reduction in power.  The radio
seems to operate fine as I made contact with the Czech Republic last
night on 80M.  Guess I have to open the box up again!

Thanks to everyone who offer up spare parts I will keep you gues in
mine as I keep this old rig running.

Lou
K2LRV