Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 08:32:43 -0600
Bob, with TenTec Transceivers you do not need a linear ALC connection. This
is because you can set the ALC level at the transceiver to prevent over
driving the linear within a 5 to 100 watt input range. Basically with the
OMNI V series you press the Tune button, then you set the PWR level control
for the desired output (FWD or Ic) and increase the MIC level until the ALC
light comes on.  Take the OMNI out of Tune and the ALC level is set as long
as you leave the PWR level at the same level and the MIC at the same or
less.

73,

Gary - AB9M