Re: [TenTec] 238 Tuner

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 238 Tuner
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:27:17 -0800
Each of the internal caps that get selected by the switch are 470 pf, so you
get a little less than 2,500 pf will all of them engaged and the variable
cap (500 pf) at full.  To give the maximum range, you would put a 2,000 pf
cap external, but a smaller one will work in most cases.  I think the
original caps were 5 kV, but the RF current is very important if you run
high power.  Generally, 'doorknob' capacitors are your best bet.  Check my
article at :

http://n6ie.com/Ten_Tec_238.html

            Ron N6IE
       www.N6IE.com