Re: [TenTec] WTB: Jupiter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB: Jupiter
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:01:06 -0500
While I do not own a Jupiter, I can say it is very easy to
update the firmware on my Omni VII.   You download the
firmware file, and then transfer it to the radio over a
serial port/cable and the process is very easy.

I recommend you read the owner's manual to see the
exact update process - it will be a quick read and may
give you sufficient information on how it works to
see if you will like using it.

The Jupiter looks like a nice rig for the money.   I like the
ergonomics on my rig, and notice many similarities on the
Jupiter.    I think you will like it.