Re: [TenTec] band decoder for OmniVI?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] band decoder for OmniVI?
From: "Gert Meinen" <pa3aav@hetnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:54:51 +0100
Hi Allan,

The banddecoder Tom mentioned needs BCD code, although the OMNI VI does not
put out BCD code by itself you can easily get this out of the Omni VI
through the DB25 connector on the back since not all pins are used  (you
need only 4 pins). To generate a BCD code by band you can take the signal
from connector 86 on the BPF/Front End Board (81593) and bring this to a
small circuitboard with 15 signal diodes, which you can easily make yourself
. The BCD code by band  shows how to connect the diodes. If you're
interested let me know and I'll see if I can draw up a schematic. Works fine
here for many years.

73 Gert, PA3AAV