Re: [TenTec] no 80m after tune

To: tentec@contesting.com, "Hans Donnerborg" <Hans.Donnerborg@skolekom.dk>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] no 80m after tune
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 19:29:05 -0500
Hans,
I had an Argosy that had the same problem.  It was intermittent on 80
meters.  I think the problem was just
as you said, the 80 meter crystal was being moved when the bandswitch
was turned.  You may need to clean
the contacts on the crystal socket and on the band switch itself, to
make sure it doesn't lose contact when
you change bands.

Also, some of the push button switches may need cleaning, particularly
the meter switch that shows swr
and output.
Good luck with this rig.

73, John, K4AVX