[TenTec] Yamaha CM-500

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Yamaha CM-500
From: Mike Gorniak <mgorniak@genesiswireless.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:00:49 -0500
Yes, I'm using the CM-500 with my (original) Orion with good results. It
is definitely an electret and not a dynamic microphone.
I get good audio reports on ragchews and I've had good success with
pileup busting as well.

The headphones are comfortable to me, but  I prefer the sound of my Sony
7506s. However, with some RX EQ (I use -7)
the Yamahas sound just fine.

For the price (around $50) they are hard to beat.

73, Mike, NM7X