Re: [TenTec] help in soldering pl259 outside

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] help in soldering pl259 outside
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:40:35 -0400
My local engineering team tells me the gold are easy to solder to, but
that gold is not the best conductor for connectors.   These are retired
aerospace radio engineers who developed radar and radio controlled
drones for the air force, and numerous cockpit instruments for space and
jet travel...

I thought the inherent value of gold was that it does not "oxidize" or
"rust," per se... so I figured gold would be a great connector plating
material.   The audio industry sells us on that notion...  But the local
guys disagree.

Just MY take, anyway...