Re: [TenTec] Trade (i.e. help out a stupid, new Ten-Tec user)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Trade (i.e. help out a stupid, new Ten-Tec user)
From: Jeramy Ross <w5xtl@filexiii.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 23:48:09 -0500
First of all, I want to thank the HUGE out pouring of offers of help and
trades to my request.  Litterally within minutes of my email going out to
the list, I was finding myself overwhelmed by the response.  Thank you!!

I received more offers for trades than I could have imagined, and all were
willing to bend over backwards to try to help me out.  This is truly a first
class group!

Interestingly enough, 99% of the advice, including that coming from those
offering to help me by trading with me, was to keep the Jupiter.  Then
today, I received several phone calls that lead to long discussions on what
I really wanted out of a rig, what I really needed, what my priorities were,
what my operating styles were, and what was leading me to my desire to go
with a rig other than the Jupiter.  A common thread emerged from all of
these conversations that indicated to me that I needed to re-evaluate
several of my assumptions and perceived needs.  The long and short of it is
that through the education, I have determined that my best move is to stick
with the Jupiter.

In closing, I wish to thank all who helped me in this once again.  I was
truly taken by surprise!  This has to be one of the best group of hams out
there.  I am new to the Ten-Tec world, and I have tons to learn.  I know
feel like I finally have taken a start off in the right direction, and look
forward to learning an incredible amount from this great group!

Thank you once again and 73,
Jeramy / W5XTL