Re: [TenTec] Orion2 Firmware Update

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion2 Firmware Update
From: Martin Ewing <martin.s.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:46:20 -0400
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:33 AM, <jmiller1706@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Are they trying to make the software work for both the O2 and the other
> radio (Jupiter?).  Maybe it works fine for the other one but not the O2?

I would suggest the "other radio" is the Orion 1!  As an owner of one of
those, it's interesting to follow the O2 release.  We have generally been
promised parallel development for the O1 / O2, to the extent the hardware is
in common, but the releases have not been completely synchronous.

I am also disappointed that a product went out the door without adequate
testing.  It could hardly have been what TT wanted.  Usually, we've had at
least 2 steps forward for 1 step back.  This time, maybe not.

73
Martin
--
Dr. Martin S. Ewing, AA6E