Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.,

To: <geraldj@weather.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.,
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 23:08:29 -0500
Is there any phase noise in an analog LC PTO? I believe the only digital
circuit in the Corsair II is the frequency counter.

When I've had my Corsair II running with either a Paragon or a Omni VI+ as
its AUX RX, the Corsair II was always quieter. Weak signal detection is
about the same or too small a difference to hear. Only in close in (2 KHz)
weak DX, strong station (multiple S9+ signals) CW pileups does the OMNI VI+
prevail.

73,

Gary - AB9M