Re: [TenTec] Orion II 15 m CW Transmit Power Fluctuation

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II 15 m CW Transmit Power Fluctuation
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:41:05 -0400
Although JB limited his answer to radios, this "pin 1" problem
can cause similar problems in other equipment, also, such
as in older guitar amps and PA systems in live settings, where
the musician has to deal with all sorts of RFI/EMI intereference
from all sorts of causes, including, but not limited to, bar lighting,
flourescent lights, dimmer switches,  poorly shielded wall wart
power supplies,  vintage amps, a chain of stomp boxes fed by wall
warts - usually in the form of an annoying low-mid frequency
buzzzzzzzing in the speaker output.  Listen to "live" rock albums
from the 1970s, and you will hear plenty of it - typically the brief
time span between songs.    I grew up playing electric guitar,
frquently encountered the "pin 1" problem...  we just turned up
the volume...

Just MY take.