Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Rig Comparisons

To: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>, geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Rig Comparisons
From: kris@merschrod.net
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 06:26:08 -0400
Good morning all,

I have been following the "Thread" for days with great interest.

My rig is a Delta II, a short run rig that was "bad mouthed" by QST, but a
pleasure
to use.

Aside from its ability to transmit on any frequency, the "Jones Filter" was
very attractive.  This is a variable bandwidth filter from CW to AM at the
tweeking
of a knob.  The accompanying PBT completes the approach - It is very simple
you can continuously tweek to the ear.  All the rest, multiple filters, the
DSP, SDR, etc. are nice excercises, but the Delta II (And Argo version) is
straightforward.
 You tweek to please the ear and squeeze out QRM.

Kris KA2OIG

Merschrod
123 Warren Road
Ithaca, N.Y. 14850