Re: [TenTec] Omni C question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, <w5xtl@filexiii.org>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C question
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 10:33:11 -0400
Once was the time that if a rig hit a bench at Ten-Tec, all the switches and
potentiometers were cleaned and lubricated.  Don't know if they would have
done that when you had the PTO rebuilt but I think it a good investment of
time and money.  If the silver plating wears off the bandswitch contacts,
for instance....

Keep in mind that the Omni-C will not work right on the 18 MHz band because
it generates much spurious emission, often on the order of several watts
even with the key up.

I like mine a lot!

73, Mike N4NT