Re: [TenTec] wither CW?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] wither CW?
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:47:58 -0500
This seems to be realistic.  Excellent point.

"Maybe the number of CW operators HAS been increasing, on the theory that
kids don't take to the piano if you force them to take piano lessons, but
will take up the instrument for life if  they start voluntarily."

I'm a member of the Bavarian Contest Club.
What we witnessed immediately after the CW requirements were removed in
Europe was, we immediately gained a large influx of HF contest operators,
and many of them were excellent.  We soon began seeing a number of these
entering the CW contests, albeit slow at first, but they were participating.
Today, many have become outstanding CW ops.
Some of those had thought for many years that they could never make it.

73
Rick