Re: [TenTec] Contesting logging software LM

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Contesting logging software LM
From: Alan Sewell N5NA <alan.n5na@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 09:48:11 -0500
That will work but as I recall the serial port on the Omni VI is a 25
pin connection whereas the USB<>serial adapter has a 9 pin connection.
You'll need an adapter to go from 9 pin serial to 25 pin serial.  I
don't know if anyone makes a USB<>serial adapter that has a 25 pin
connection.  I don't recall ever seeing one advertised anywhere.

An alternative is one of these:  <http://tinyurl.com/2co2by4>  That will
plug into the 1/8" serial jack on the back of the Omni VI.

I recently bought one of those to use with an Icom 706 and it worked great.

73,  Alan  N5NA