[TenTec] Pegasus Auto Tuner

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Auto Tuner
From: John Oglesby <john91@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 22:16:27 -0400
I picked a Pegasus with an auto tuner and have been playing with it for
the last few days.  I enabled the tuner and was expecting some relay
chatter and didn't get any.  Now that I have a basic understanding of
how to maneuver around the settings I decided to investigate a little
more.  I took off the cover and found a lose wire.

The radio has an LDG RT-11 auto tuner board rather than the PT-11 that I
seem to find referenced on Google.  The tuner board has a set of header
pins similar to a normal Ten-Tec connector that is labeled J3.  It has a
red wire from the radio guts soldered to pin 1 of this header instead of
a connector and the red wire appears to be the +13.8V line.  There is a
green wire that was obviously soldered somewhere in the past, but is now
hanging loose. The only other wires are coax in/out lines.

My guess is that this is not an "authorized installation", but probably
is effectively the same as a PT-11 install without the proper
connectors. I can't find a schematic on line for the LDG unit, nor the
Pegasus for that matter.

Any ideas where the green wire goes?

Thanks and 73

John