[TenTec] SL6440 based Omni product detector schematic??

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SL6440 based Omni product detector schematic??
From: Joe Roberts <jroberts@io.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:36:43 -0400
Anybody have a schematic for the old G4PKT Omni V/VI product detector
mod using the Plessey SL6440 chip?

Found one chip last year and a source for a more online, so I am tempted
to give it a try.

I did the IF voltage divider mod on my Omni V a long time ago and that
was a plus. Still feel like I am overdriving the product detector into
distortion sometimes, especially with RF gain turned up.

The SL6440 may be an involved fix but, what the heck, I'll give it a try
if I can find the instructions. Seems like a very stout mixer chip.

Thanks,
Joe N5KAT
jroberts---at---io.com