Re: [TenTec] new firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] new firmware
From: Steven Kline <skline4@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:58:27 -0500
Yes John, I observed the same.

Additionally, I noticed that all of the settings for my microphone ( Ten Tec
Studio) required much different adjustment than the earlier load that I was
running (2.041XL).  With the new load I must run the settings much higher than
before to accomplish close to the same.  For example the hardware microphone
gain, in the menu, I am now running at 4 and the mic gain control on the radio
(front) I seem to need as high as 70-75 to get enough audio drive (verses
around 50 in previous load), this is without the speech processor turned on.  I
have my ssb lower rolloff set at 240 hz and xmit bandwidth at 2700.  I thought
my audio sounded better through the headphones on the earlier version.  Audio
is sort of a tough one to judge without putting it on a spectral scope as it is
so subjective to most ears.  Some will hear it and say it sounds great and two
minutes later another will break in and tell you it is the worse audio they
have ever heard, LOL.

Looking forward to hearing a bit more data and information on both the NR
distortion and the seemingly higher audio drive required for this load.

73 - Steve W5JK