Re: [TenTec] 253 and Orion bandswitching

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 253 and Orion bandswitching
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:31:10 -0500
Thanks  Ed,

The 311 used for the Orion apparently wouldn't work for the Omni VII which
provides band information via frequency from its serial port. There are
other commercial solutions but I believe using DXLab Suite Commander, a
device table for the computer parallel port, a 6' M/F DB-25 cable, and a
ULN2803 may be the most economical solution in my case and will work for
those with Orions (and 253s) running DXLab Suite.

73,

Gary - AB9M