Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Trouble Shooting Question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Trouble Shooting Question
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:41:27 -0400

From: "Roger Rippy" <svtincup@yahoo.com>

>  I did a search of the archives
> and did not find a situation that would be close
> to my issue. When this rig loss leds and control
> function this morning, it had not been in use except
> it was turned on while I was checking a DX Cluster
> spot on the Internet. I heard this steady tone from
> the rig and then looked over to the ham desk to see
> the situation that I described.

Roger
I have also witnessed the same condition you describe on my 6 opt 3.
Powering on and off didn't help in my case. The old tried and true method of
slapping the top cover, did however.  I finally took time to re-seat all
connections inside the rig and poke around a bit. It then worked fine for
six months until it was destroyed in a tornado two years ago. Not sure if I
cured the problem or not.... but I had no more trouble until the storm cured
it for good !