Did you also do a battery reset? Below is the best procedure for a full
1) Power off Orion.
2) Power On holding the VFO B LCK button.
3) Continue holding LCK button until the radio says "Battery Failure".
4) Power off Orion.
5) Power on holding "Main RX/TX" button.
6) Continue holding this button until the radio says reset complete.
7) Do not clear any settings when asked to do so.
8) Power the Orion off and back on one more time.
Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Hays, NC 28635
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Cash" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 5:16 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II Transmit Problem
>I turned my Orion II on this afternoon and suddenly have no transmit
>output. I have reset the radio and still no output on any band, any mode. I
>have checked the menus, but see nothing wrong. I have tried two power
>supplies and on a dummy load. I am using the current software. There are no
>suspicious odors or any other indication of something wrong. Any
>suggestions? Ten-Tec is closed but I will try them in the morning if they
>are open for the holiday.
> Thanks to the group.
> Dick W4WU
> TenTec mailing list
TenTec mailing list