[Top] [All Lists]

[TenTec] delta II backlight - what is it called?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] delta II backlight - what is it called?
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Reply-to: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:29:35 -0400
List-post: <tentec@contesting.com">mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
Hi, Thanks to everyone who tried to help me with my display problem on the 
delta II. All very good information.

i spoke with ten tec today and they think the problem is either the LCD display 
or the display driver on the display boardboard, which the LCD display is 
soldered to. 

they have tons of LCD displays, but no display boards. my plan is to replace 
the display driver chip on the board, and see if that is the problem. Taking 
the LCD display off of the display board is a real bitch and it looks like 
someone already tried and butchered it pretty bad. since the LCD display is 
actually working and showing segments etc., but giving crazy readings - i'll 
take my chances on a bad driver chip.

In the meantime i'm looking for a new backlight and All Electronics seems out 
of the ones recommended here. Can anyone tell me what the actual name of the 
light is used in the delta II? I know it's cold cathode technology, but there 
seems to be different types - the one that ten tec uses is as flat as a piece 
of paper - does this have a specific name? some are round and look like 
flourescent lamps - obviously these can't be used - also the ten tec voltage on 
that lamp is about 200 VAC as measured on the two pins.

73, john
Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
TenTec mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>