Re: [TenTec] heat in T-T xceivers

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] heat in T-T xceivers
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:59:16 -0400
I use my TT 963 power supply for my 2 m rig, and various accessories,
such as the meters on the dummy load, meter on the transmatch, and Model
715  speech processor, etc.   I use a big linear for the transceiver.
My computer fans are nearly silent (and are the very quiet type Jerry
mentions.)

The only fan noise in my shack comes from my TenTec Centurion amplifier
that I sometimes run.   I figure those fans have specified volumes and I
would probably kill it by replacing them with quiet fans that did not
move enough air.   That is the top-most item on my wish list - quiet,
but effective fans on the linear amp.    I would spend real money to be
able to replace them safely and without risking damage to the unit from
overheating.