Re: [TenTec] TenTec OrionII vs Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec OrionII vs Orion
From: Martin Ewing <martin.s.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:15:10 -0400
Some improvements in the LO chain - referring all frequencies to the master
xtal oscillator.  Some improvements in the roofing filter electronics,
giving better dynamic range when using narrower roofing filters. No effect
on SSB audio that I know of.

These are pretty minor - for me, at least.

73 Martin AA6E (Orion but not Orion II owner)

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Simone <it5tntweb@aliceposta.it> wrote:

> Which are the true improvements from orion to orion II?
> We omit lcd to colors or the processore faster, we speak
> about the improvements of performances
> that can be felt from a model to the other.
> Better the receiver, better audio in ssb? What?
> Thanks!!

Dr. Martin S. Ewing, AA6E
Member IEEE, URSI, AAS, ARRL
Branford, Connecticut