[TenTec] N4NT - Power Line Noise Document (was NB for Triton 544)

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] N4NT - Power Line Noise Document (was NB for Triton 544)
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:47:41 -0700 (PDT)
Mike, N4NT, has been kind enough to let me post his document "Power line (and
other) Interference" on my website.

After you enter the site,  the button to the article is in the "Misc Ten-Tec
Information" section.

Re: [TenTec] Looking for NB for Triton 544
Sunday, July 25, 2010 07:42:24
From:Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>

The  noise blanker in my 544 is extremely effective against line noise.  I'm
told it would work well with ignition noise, too.  But I believe it is  not
punkin' on atmospheric noise.  (I have been wrong before).

My  Omni-C noise blanker was a poor imitation of the 544 blanker UNTIL I  made
its circuitry identical to the latter -- then it worked very well,  indeed. It
was an easy, reversible modification to the Omni-C blanker.

I  wrote an extremely brilliant analysis of locating sources of line  noise. It
used to be online but is no more.  I can email it to anybody  who is
interested.  If anyone can post it and deems it worthy, I'll send  it to just
one person.  It is a very small file.

Mike N4NT

TenTec mailing list