[TenTec] Jupiter power issue

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter power issue
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 13:00:49 -0500
Putting the Jupiter station back together and I seem to have a problem.

When I hook the rig via the wattmeter to a dummy load and put the
internal Jupiter meter in "power" and key the rig, I show 20 watts,
regardless of where it is set on the power range in the Jupiter's
menu. When I am at 0 in the menu, I have 20 watts. At 50%, 20 watts.
At 100%, 20 watts. I am running the output through an external meter
to the dummy load, and the internal meter matches what the external
meter is showing.

I am new to the Jupiter, and I don't know if it's me missing something
or having something in the wrong position, or if I have a power output
issue, but it's got me worried.

Mike, k5wmg
Pipe Creek, Texas
Fast cars, slow boats, big dogs, old trucks, little radios, and
summers off to write
TenTec mailing list