Re: [TenTec] Jupiter power issue

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter power issue
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:17:25 -0500
No, there was actually two dummy loads in the room when I was setting it up.

New to the Jupiter and I didn't remember that it is 20 watts in tune,
but that you have to do alt/tune to do a power adjust. That was it. I
knew it was something dumb but I couldn't figure it out as the Jupiter
is still really new to me and I have almost no operating time with it.

I had an antenna issue a while back and thought I might have lost the
finals, but all is okay. Shows from 2 watts to 105 with the alt/tune
into a dummy load.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. Used to be a TenTec guy and
then went to the dark side a while (Kenwood). Now I'm back. Missed the
full break-in and I really, really like the Jupiter.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience to all.

Mike, k5wmg
Pipe Creek, Texas
Fast cars, slow boats, big dogs, old trucks, little radios, and
summers off to write

Michael Goins
Professor, Writing
University of Texas at San Antonio
Northwest Vista College

Mike, k5wmg
Pipe Creek, Texas
Fast cars, slow boats, big dogs, old trucks, little radios, and
summers off to write

Michael Goins, Editor/Publisher
Natural Awakenings-San Antonio/Hill Country magazine. Currently
distributed throughout Bexar, Kendall, Comal, Bandera, Kerr and
Gillespie counties - with 20,000 magazines in 450+ locations and a
online edition that gets emailed across the globe every month!

As of June, 2010, there are now 79 Natural Awakenings editions,
printing 1,277,430 monthly that are distributed at 39,587 locations.
We are read nationwide by 3,193,575 people.

Mike, k5wmg
QRPadillo Hillside Semi-Solar Powered Mini-Ranch
“You need rocks? I got ‘em!”