Re: [TenTec] swr

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] swr
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:45:18 -0400
Interesting...  I was not aware they had something like that.
This may require a deeper look see.

I like the honesty of the catalog description when they say:

                However, at 160/80M it is virtually impossible
                to match this antenna from your shack because
                of the low radiation resistance. If you are using
                low loss coax, you will lose much power in the
                coax and unun due to bad antenna mismatches.
                Installed at the base of the 43’ vertical, AV-6110
                will significantly eliminate these losses and put 1
                60 and 80 Meter bands back within the tuning
                range of the tuner inside the shack.

That sounds reasonable and accurate - not over stated.

PS --  I like the syntax of the last bit...   "significantly eliminate"...
it is either Is that the same as "very eliminated"  or just
"sorta alot eliminated"  or what?