[TenTec] Intermitten Omni VI RX Falloff

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Intermitten Omni VI RX Falloff
From: "Art Trampler" <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:15:29 -0500
Hey All,

On my Omni VI Opt 3, the RX periodically drops off 20 to 25db, using a
6db/S-unit scale.  If I wiggle the RF gain it can pop back, or if I go key
down for one ?dih.?  I haven?t tried simply closing the PTT to restore (as
opposed to any transmission) but I think that would also do it.

I?d think ?Relay? or ?Diodes? if it only popped back with closing the
PTT/sending; I?d think bad solder joint if it was only the RF gain.  What?s
interesting is that the RX is not lost, just significantly
reduced/attenuated.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Art