Re: [TenTec] MFJ Filter to work on TT540

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] MFJ Filter to work on TT540
From: "Hulett, Russell" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:53:30 -0400 (EDT)
Well, the connections used by the TT245 in the TT540 aren't like the header
shown in the MFJ info.  The 245 has 7 vector pins spaced about 1/4 inch apart.
FWIW, I built a clone of the TT245 for my 544.  You could use vector board to
just wire one up, but had a PCB fabricated for mine.  Works same as the
original.

BTW, the TT245 isn't in the IF, it is an audio filter.  An outboard filter like
the NEscaf or MFJ751B would do as well, plugged into the audio output jack.