[TenTec] S Meter Problem with Omni V

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] S Meter Problem with Omni V
From: Frank Kirschner <frank@fkirschner.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 00:54:09 +0000
I just bought an Omni V with the N4PY mod.  It works great, except for the S
meter.  I was told when I bought it that it was hypersensitive, and that is
true.

Is there a "most frequent" cause for this?  I sold or gave away all my test
equipment years back, so can't do much exploration at this point.  I'd
appreciate ideas.  I have the regular operation manual, but no service
manual.

Also, the knobs are a little greasy.  Is there a mild solvent people have
used to clean the knobs without removing the paint?

Thanks.

73,
Frank
KK4PR