Re: [TenTec] The Eagle

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 22:15:29 -0500
Barry is correct.  But one more important point:  since the radio uses
downwards conversion instead of upwards conversion, the IF frequency (9 MHz) is
within the range you want to receive on.  You will not be able to receive
signals close to that frequency because the local oscillator of the radio would
drown them out.

But Barry probably hit the main point.

BTW, elecraft K3 has exactly the same trouble with the downward conversion.

BUT, due to this downward conversion, you are able to get such great
performance with minimum investment in technology.
It's a trade-off Richards.  One I'll gladly take!

73
Rick