[TenTec] Triton IV power connectors

To: Ten Tec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV power connectors
From: Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:28:27 -0500
Hi

Thanks for all the responses, I did call Paul at Ten Tec in support. I
ordered
two, I only need one but it is nice to have an extra. I had hoped RS carried
them
as I think they carry some Molex.
A related question. On the connection between PS and rig, there is 4
possible leads
and I see on the drawing the two middle connections go to the power
switches. Do
I need to tie the two center leads together to activate the power supple to
test its output
before connecting to the rig? I just bought the power supply and plugged it
in and don't
see anything on the output leads. I suspect I need to jumper the two center
leads, or
connect a switch.
Also related I think if I run two straight through leads between the rig and
PS I will be
able to use either switch to turn the rig on, either the PS switch or the
one on the rig.

I hope this makes some sense.

--
Marty Hartwell