Re: [TenTec] The Unique Eagle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Unique Eagle
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:58:58 -0500
Some may not want to admit we are getting older and not able to learn
all the multi level menus and memories, but how many use 100 memories?
I thought so.  I have no use for all the bells and whistles.
I like a rig I can figure out how to power on, set the cotnrols for
average use, and make a contact.

It is a real concern to me that Yaecomwood have trended to more non
intuitive controls, and complex menus.  Even cell phones have games,
GPS, camera, Blue tooth, PTT, and so many bells and whistles that the
battery does not last, and you need a book 1/2 inch thick to run a
PHONE!  And then, the darn book does not tell you how to forward a
call!  Radios should be radios, and phones should be phones FIRST.

Thanks for the soapbox,
Stuart
K5KVH