Re: [TenTec] Omni VI on the fritz

To: geraldj@weather.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI on the fritz
From: K7wpz <k7wpz@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 18:41:39 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Gerald N. Johnson <geraldj@weather.net>
To: tentec@contesting.com
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 3:44 pm

And any board mounting screws that often are ground connections. The
lastic material relaxes the contact pressure, the very definition of
plastic."
73, Jerry, K0CQ
On 10/5/2010 5:17 PM, Joe Roberts wrote:
 First thing I would do whenever one of the later Omnis I have owned did
 something crazy is clean the power supply connectors thoroughly with
 Deoxit.

 I have seen some very strange phenomena due to dirty PS connectors and
 what you describe is in the general line of my experiences, i.e. winding
 up in some odd in-between mode of operation.

 Anyway, it is free and it takes 5 minutes.

 Next I would look at connectors on the boards. Unplug, clean, and reseat.

 Beyond that see what TT has to say tomorrow.

 Joe N5KAT