Re: [TenTec] 28.5 band segment on Omni D

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 28.5 band segment on Omni D
From: Steve Mercure <w5en@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:41:04 -0500
It looks like the Omni D was built between 1978 and 1980, about the time when I
discovered 10 meters after getting on the air in 1976.  Way back then activity
on 10 meters was centered on 28.600.  Those wee my last three years of High
School and in the summer after finishing my chores on the family farm, Id
listen on 28.600 hoping to hear some far off dx like ZS6JL (Jungle Lion).  That
was before the novice license was given voice use and the entire band shifted.

73 de W5EN Steve