Re: [TenTec] ....again, Gary....you would be happy with my OPENED UP #53

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ....again, Gary....you would be happy with my OPENED UP #538 Jupiter
From: "al sirois" <alsirois@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:21:28 -0400
Call me at 207-633-5363
Al Sirois
N1MHC@arrl.net
East Boothbay, ME 04544-0002
============================

-----Original Message-----
From: CSM(r) Gary Huber [mailto:glhuber@msn.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:28 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon II / Other Opinions

I once had the original Paragon which I used for Army MARS phone patch
network operations during Gulf War I. A good radio for MARS / EMBASY and
other legitimate operations outside the standard amateur bands as well as a
decent performer for chasing DX, it played well with my Titan 425 and 253
Auto-Coupler. The downside is the maintenance in older units, requiring
grounding improvements to keep the PLL circuits in sync.

I also had a OMNI VI+ which as I recall would only tune 30 kHz outside the
amateur bands but I did not use it on MARS.

73,

Gary - AB9M